Take time to process your feelings
- Feelings of hopelessness, a sense of abandonment, fear of the unknown and anger towards others and the universe are common. Take time to acknowledge your feelings and how MBC has affected your sense of identity, purpose and meaning.
- Before having a conversation with your healthcare team, recognize the feelings you’re experiencing and acknowledge what’s important to you. Ask yourself the following questions and write down your reactions:
- What am I most worried about?
- What am I hoping for?
- What is most important to me right now?
- What do I believe?
- Make an appointment with yourself once a week to think through into the emotions you are experiencing. Consider writing your feelings down in a journal during this time. This will help you take a bit of control over what’s going on in your life, and decide if life might be easier if you were working with a counselor or therapist.